There are a three basic ways to use and enjoy the benefits of essential oils:
Using essential oils topically allows for easy absorption and application directly to the affected areas, sometimes providing immediate help and relief. You can apply essential oils with a roller ball bottle, with a carrier oil, or "neat" (without dilution). Because of the potency of pure, therapeutic grade essential oils, certain oils require dilution. Please refer to the label of your Young Living essential oils for dilution ratios.
Placing a Roller Ball on a Bottle of Essential Oil:
1. Unscrew bottle cap and place back on bottle.
2. Use the cap to pop the reducer out of the bottle.
3. Place the roller ball on the bottle and screw it onto the bottle with the cap until you feel it click.
To Remove the Roller Ball:
1. Use the cap to pop the roller ball out of the bottle.
2. Place the reducer on the bottle.
3. Tighten oil bottle cap all the way until it clicks.
Using Oils Topically With a Carrier Oil
1. Put carrier oil in your hand (we use Young Living's V-6 Vegetable Oil).
2. Add a few drops of essential oil to the carrier oil.
3. Apply to your area of choice.
Using Oils Internally
When taking essential oils internally, it is important to know the quality of the essential oils you’re ingesting. That’s why the Seed to Seal process from Young Living is so important in providing peace of mind for those using them. Other essential oils might even boast that they are “100% pure” or “natural,” but they are devoid of any information on how they’re made and if they’re safe for internal use.
Before taking GRAS (Generally Regarded As Safe) essential oils internally, test your reaction to them by diluting one drop of the oil in a teaspoon of oil-soluble liquid like rice milk, NingXia Red, blue agave, olive oil, yacon syrup, or honey. Consult a health professional before taking these essential oils internally as a daily health regimen.
Oils in a Vegetable Capsule
1. Open vegetable capsule and drop oils inside.
2. Fill remaining space with carrier oil.
3. Place lid on capsule.
4. Swallow with water.
Other Ways to Ingest Essential Oils
1. Add 1-2 drops to a glass of water.
2. Place 1-2 drops of essential oils directly onto your tongue, allowing a few seconds for absorption, then swallow. Following with a glass of water can be helpful.
3. Add to your favorite food and drink recipes (adjust amount according to the recipe and oil)
4. Add 1-2 drops to a teaspoon of honey, agave, or yacon syrup.
Diffusing or directly inhaling provides the best utilization of the aromatic properties of essential oils. The airborne odor molecules of essential oils travel up the nostrils to the center of the olfactory sensation and work directly with the limbic system to trigger a number of desired responses in the body and heighten the senses. The inhalation of essential oils can also directly affect your emotional state.
Ways to Use Essential Oils Aromatically
1. Drop 1-3 drops into your hands, cup them, and inhale deeply.
2. Use your choice of Young Living diffuser to disperse the essential oils in a micro-fine vapor into the air. The ultrasonic plate technology does not heat the oils, therefore preserving the benefits of the constituents found within Young Living's therapeutic-grade, pure essential oils. Follow each diffuser's instructions for the amount of essential oils used.
P.O. Box 726
Bixby, OK 74008
DISCLAIMER: Thank you for joining us at the Aromatherapeutic Lounge! We are Independent Distributors of Young Living Essential Oils and the information found on this page is not intended to diagnose, prescribe, treat, or cure any disease, illness, or condition and should not be used as a substitution for professional medical care and advice. This information is intended solely for educational purposes. The views, opinions, testimonials, research, recipes, and information on this page applies only to Young Living Essential Oils and we make no representations as to accuracy, completeness, timeliness, suitability, or validity of any information presented by site administrators and/or individual contributors and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. The views, opinions, and positions expressed by the administrators and those contributing testimonials, blogs, or any written content are theirs alone and do not necessarily reflect the views, opinions, or positions of Young Living Essential Oils. Please contact us with any questions you may have!
©2016 Aromassentials Inc.